Jump to content

Unity Concord International School


EduCativ
 Share
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

Unity Concord International School (UCIS) was founded in 2017 by Amporn and Chugait Garmolgomut. The Garmolgomuts are award-winning teachers and school administrators with more than 25 years of experience as educators. The other schools operated by Amporn and Chugait Garmolgomut are Americana Chinese International School (ACIS), Little Stars Bilingual School, Ambassador Bilingual School (ABS), CEC Language School, and Finn College.

Unity Concord International School is an American International School in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Creating together is the school motto and at UCIS, local & international students receive an American standard education. This provides the students with the knowledge & competencies required for University and more. The Fees listed below on the Edarabia site include optional extras such as ESL. Please visit our website at www.ucis.ac.th to get more information.

UCIS originated in response to the growing need of an increasing population and the requests of parents seeking to enroll their children in an American education system. This need, backed by a school that will provide the opportunity for their children to attend higher-level education at Universities both in Thailand and abroad, is why UCIS was established.

The school was founded (2016) and opened its doors to students on August 28th, 2017, at the time only offering Pre-Kindergarten to grade 5 with an enrollment of approximately 150 students. This number climbed throughout the year to approximately 220 students by the end of the second semester.

The 2018-19 school year began with the opening of a new campus on the other side of the superhighway. Pre-Kindergarten to grade 2 remained on the first campus while grades 3 to 11 migrated to the new location. The addition of grades 6-11 raised the enrollment to its current level of approximately 580 students. UCIS is split almost evenly between genders with boys outnumbering girls by a marginal 3%.

The class sizes are capped at 20 per classroom grades Pk-K3, 26 for grades 1-6, and 32 in grades 7-12 to maintain the desired student-to-teacher ratio. Pre-Kindergarten to grade 6 has more students as grades 7-11 are composed entirely of new students while grades 6 and below include returning students.

Our Student population consists primarily of Thai, Chinese, Korean, American, and mixed-race individuals. Thai students account for approximately 37% of the population with Chinese contributing almost 33%. This makes a total of 70% falling into one of those categories and the remaining 30% are divided between American (~4%), Korean (~5%), and various other nationality students. The other nationalities include mixed-nationality students who account for approximately 21% of the total population.

Unity Concord International School is located across two campuses one on either side of the Super Highway in the Nong-Pheung sub-district of Sarapee in the city of Chiang Mai, Thailand. The school’s campuses are located in a less populated area about a twenty-minute drive South East of the Old City, which is the center of Chiang Mai city. In August 2018, all UCIS students will be located on the current Unity 2 Campus with the new ACIS school taking over the current Unity 1 Campus.

The new Unity 2 campus includes an area devoted to student housing, small businesses, and various dining options. This area is known as Unity Park and was designed to provide a convenient service to parents and students alike. Being on a major thoroughfare provides good accessibility for families bringing their students to and from campus.

For further information, please contact us at 053-14251719 or [email protected]

UCIS is registered with the Ministry of Education of Thailand, I.S.A.T. (The International Schools Association of Thailand), and W.A.S.C* (The Western Association of Schools and Colleges) which is an official academic body responsible for the accreditation of public and private universities, colleges, secondary and elementary schools in California, USA.

Campus 2

Address: 272 Moo 2 Chiang Mai-Lampang Super Highway, Tambol Nong-Pheung, Amphur Sarapee, Chiang Mai, ThailandPostal code: 50140


View full school

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share
×
×
  • Create New...