The Sacred Heart School, Kingdom of Bahrain, has been at the forefront of international education for over sixty-five years. Since its establishment in the 1940s, it has instilled in each of its students its core values of academic excellence, ethical behavior, and character formation. The school’s achievement in nurturing its students with these values is evident by the accomplishments of its former pupils.
The vision of Education gears towards the full development of persons by instilling in them Moral/Spiritual values and forming responsible citizens, equipped to work to transform society.
The Sacred Heart School was established in the 1940s by the Vicar Apostolic of Arabia. In 1953 it was entrusted to the care of the Comboni Missionary Sisters, who built an edifice of Love and Service amidst obstacles. The dedicated band of Sisters left no stone unturned to maintain an excellent standard in the school. They will always be fondly remembered.
In 1970, the school began to train and enroll students for the Royal Society of Arts Examinations and, in 1972, for the General Certificate of Education Examinations.
In 1974, the University of London chose the Sacred Heart School to conduct its examinations. In 2005, it was recognized as an official London Examinations, International Centre of learning by Edexcel International.
The school progressed by leaps and bounds. It presently occupies two campuses retaining its original premises in Manama, where it houses its LKG classes in a pedagogically equipped building inaugurated in 1991. In 1978 the Junior classes and in 1989 the Senior classes were shifted to the newly built premises at Isa Town, on a land benevolently donated by the late Amir, Shaikh Isa Bin Salman Al Khalifa.