Western Greece University of Applied Sciences

EduCativ

The Western Greece University of Applied Sciences (T.E.I. of Western Greece) was established on the 6th of June, 2013, as a result of merging the former T.E.I. of Patras established in 1983 former T.E.I. of Mesolonghi established in 1983, too. The Western Greece University of Applied Sciences (T.E.I. of Western Greece) is a State Higher Education Institute autonomous and self-governed by its Academic & Administration Bodies.

The Technological Educational Institutes (T.E.I.s), along with the Universities, are subject to the Greek frame - Law of Higher Education. In particular, the T.E.It constitute a sector parallel, equivalent, and complementary to the Universities. The Western Greece University of Applied Sciences (T.E.I. of Western Greece) is oriented to Applied Sciences and Technology. At the same time, the Universities are mostly committed to Academic Studies and Theoretical or Basic Research.

The Administration and Management of the Western Greece University of Applied Sciences are based on three central bodies:

• The Senate
  • The Rector and his /her Vice-Rectors
  • The Council and its President, the President of the Council

The Senate is mainly responsible for the Academic and Research issues, while the Council's competencies are Strategic Planning, Economics, and Management, in general. The Western Greece University of Applied Sciences (T.E.I. of Western Greece) has as a Role to collaborate with other Higher Educational Institutes in Greece, the rest of Europe, and in other countries, too, as well as with its social partners, in order to contribute to regional and national development, along with human resources development.

The following objectives of the strategic plan are specified:

• To offer High-Quality Education and Training for competitive graduates.
  • To establish a sustainable platform for collaboration and research to develop and transfer knowledge, technology, and know-how through joint ventures and other customized initiatives.
  • To integrate and update the academic themes as drivers of innovation and development, emphasizing the Region of Western Greece.
  • To identify knowledge trends and future national needs and act upon them to serve the 1st target.
  • To continuously reinvent the education portfolio of its departments to ensure that it is innovative, radical, suits to student needs, and harmonizes to regional development and strategic national priorities, too.
  • To strengthen and manage on quality principles, the Western Greece University of Applied Sciences services to become an internationally recognized, interdisciplinary, streamlined research-intensive and collaborative Higher Education Institution, with a focus on innovation.
  • To contribute to the development of Green Energy and Sustainable Development and the use of new and I.T. technologies.
  • To develop a radical, sustainable, and appropriate strategy for revenue growth.
  • To empower the commitment to the Greek social, cultural, and economic development.
  • To secure several strategic alliances with national and international partners, especially under the European Union's values and principles.
  • To introduce strategic planning to all processes towards an effective Total Quality Management System.
  • To run a policy such that the European component may surely provide an added value to the Western Greece University of Applied Sciences students, graduates, staff, departments & faculties.

View full university